Mustafa Science and Technology Prize:
Mustafa Science and technology Prize (hereafter referred to as The Prize) is looking forward to creating a platform in which scientists and technologists of Islamic Countries can present their latest achievements besides exploring new ways to increase scientific and technological interaction and collaboration in
Objectives and Approaches:
Titles and prizes:
For the first round of the Prize, following prizes shall be awarded to the state of the art proposals in the specialized fields of
- Life Science and Medical
- Nano Science and Technology
- Information and Communication Technology
- Top Muslim Scientist project
The Prize to the top Muslim Scientist project shall be awarded without any subject limitation or geographical constraints to an individual or a research team who has made a special and unique discovery for the advancement of science at the global level in a specialized field of science and technology.
Prize winners (an individual or research team) in all the
Eligibility Criteria for Applicants:
- Having the nationality of one of the Member States of the Organization of Islamic Cooperation or Islamic Societies is mandatory for the applicants who apply under the aforementioned specialized fields of "a”, "b”, and "c”. They should provide the Prize secretariat with their nationality documents in addition to other required documents.
- Just being a Muslim is enough to be eligible to apply for the prize under the category "d” and having the nationality of the Muslim countries is not mandatory.
- It is necessary for the nominating institutes to identify and introduce eligible individuals and fill out all applicants forms completely and accurately and submit them to the Prize Secretariat.
- Applicants cannot submit their proposals ‘in person’. Each applicant must submit his/her proposal in one of the aforementioned specialized fields only through one of the nominating institutes to the Prize secretariat.
- Designated universities and scientific research centers (Please refer the Prize’s website for more details)
- Institutions and Centers of science and technology (Please refer the Prize’s website for more details)
- Academies of science of the Islamic countries (Please refer the Prize’s website for more details)
- Designated science and technology parks (Please refer the Prize’s website for more details)
- The laureates of previous periods (second period hence)
Note 1: Each nominating institute can only introduce ONE proposal in any designated specialized fields to the Prize Secretariat.
Note 2: Observing Note 1, each nominating institute can introduce by itself a proposal to the Prize Secretariat and submit the required supplementary documents.
Note 3: The Prize secretariat shall conduct initial review and evaluation of the eligibility of the submitted proposals, supplementary documents,
The panel of judges to conduct the final review in each specialized field shall consist experts from Iran, OIC countries and Muslims from other countries who shall be introduced by the Prize secretariat and shall be confirmed by the Policy Making Council of the Prize.
Referees shall review eligible proposals by the following three main and important criteria;
- To carry a remarkable innovation
- To provide novel methods in science and technology
- The scientific background of the applicant/applicants should be quite relevant to the field of the proposal
Time and Venue of the Prize Event:
Prize event shall be held on a day between 12-17 Rabi’ Awwal 1436 (Hijri Calendar), 4-9 January 2015 by the presence of referees, nominees, scholars and high ranked Muslim Countries' officials and authorities in Tehran, Iran. In a splendid ceremony as the main part of the event, final prize winners shall be awarded.
Moreover, "Islamic Countries Science and Technology Festival” shall be held as a five-day event on the
Other Members of the Council:
Supreme Council of Cultural Revolution
I.R. Iran Ministry of Science, Research and Technology
I.R. Iran Ministry of Health, Treatment and Medical Science
I.R. Iran Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Education and Research Commission of Islamic Consultative Assembly (Majlis) of I.R. Iran
Health Commission of Islamic Consultative Assembly (Majlis) of I.R. Iran
Academy of Sciences of I.R. Iran
Academy of Medical Sciences
Islamic Culture and Relations Organization
University of Tehran
Sharif University of Technology
Al-Mustafa International University
Islamic Development Bank
Islamic Academy of Science
University of Karachi, Pakistan
University of Malaya, Malaysia
Note: The Prize Secretariat can invite the presidents of other Universities of Islamic World to attend the
Important dates and deadlines:
Call for the prize: 14 Jan 2014
Review and evaluation of the received proposals by nominating institutes and announcing the eligible proposal:22 May 2014
Deadline for selection and submitting the eligible proposals to the Prize secretariat by Nominating Institutes:12 Jul 2014
Call for the Islamic Countries Science and Technology Festival and announcement of requirement for applicants:21 Apr 2014
Initial review of the submitted proposals by the Prize secretariat:12 Jul 2014
Final review and announcement of the Prize nominees:23 Aug 2014
Deadline for submitting the announcement of readiness to participate in the Islamic Countries Science and Technology Festival:23 Aug 2014
Taking preliminary actions to hold the festival and coordinate guests’ participation in the Prize awarding ceremony:23 Aug 2014-22 Dec 2014
Holding the Festival and the Prize awarding ceremony:4 Jan 2015- 9 Jan 2015
The prize secretariat works every day from 10:00 a.m. to 17:00 p.m. (Local Time) 7:00 a.m. to 14:00 p.m. (Greenwich Mean Time) and look forward to receiving your kind suggestions,
You can contact secretariat through the following ways;
Fax: +98-21- 76250100
Email: info@ MustafaPrize.org
The Prize Secretariat: Pardis Technology Park
Postal address: Seraj Technology Center, Pardis Technology Park, Km.20, Damavand Road, Tehran, Iran