Survey on the location of PTP
- The existence of an adequate scientific and technical structure
- Proper economic and industrial infrastructures
- Proper urban infrastructures, such as transportation networks (airport, railways, highways, etc.) telecommunication networks, electricity, water supplies, sewage systems, etc.
- Proper resources for maintaining professional human resource and supporters
- Close distance to the regional, national and international markets and suitable climatic conditions (such as weather, environment, etc.)
- Suitable land prices with proper conditions
After a long observation on various locations in Tehran and its suburbs such as the new town of Parand, the new town of Hashtgerd and the new town of Pardis, it was finally decided to choose an area close to the Boomehen satellite site for the park location. This area was chosen mainly for its closeness and vicinity to,
- Pardis new town to benefit its urban facilities and residential areas
- The satellite site as a center for communication and research
- A university currently under construction
- Khorram Dasht industrial zone and the industrial town of Firouz Kooh
Plus to its suitable distance from Tehran
Other conditions are also included namely, proper topographic conditions of the area, the price of the land and other suitable conditions that all add to its privileges. On the other hand, there is Tehran-Pardis expressway in this area, which provides convenient access to the capital.
After accomplishing the preliminary studies, PTP comprehensive plan with an area of 38 hectares was designed. Innovation Pardis with an area of 20 hectares is operational and the knowledge Pardis with an area of 18 hectares is also in its first steps of construction. Physical components of the innovation Pardis include the followings:
It includes 14 hectares which are allocated for R&D centers of companies. This region, based on the plans, is divided into five categories:
- Electronics and informatics
- Mechanics and automation
- New chemical materials
- New pharmaceutical materials
- New biotechnological materials
Applicant companies to join the Park can buy land in one of above mentioned categories according to their field of activity if they are confirmed and accepted. Their ownership is conditional to:
- Not changing first-considered land application
- Completing site-construction prior to the deadline and beginning activity therein
- Obeying the internal regulations of the Park
Administrative and professional services building
It includes official and administrative rooms such as the internet and publicizing center, conference hall, exhibition hall, educational classes and meeting rooms, executive agencies, consulting and service agencies. Considered area for this section is 8750 Sq m.
Public and urban services complex (under construction)
This complex will provide public and urban services for member companies including guest house, kindergarten, restaurant, grocery stores, transportation agency, copy store, sport and recreational equipment, health center, department stores, mosque and etc. The land area for this complex is 7500.
Incubators and multi-tenant building
It is constructed for start-up companies for those who are unable to construct their own buildings. Allocated area for this section is 12750 Sq m.
Independent tenant buildings
It is predicted to design and construct some independent buildings for foreign companies in order to pave the way for the attendance of their branches and communicate conveniently with high-tech companies and enable Iranian companies to get connected to the world of the international market.
Public and outdoor spaces
Include streets, squares and green areas like Scientists Garden that form up to 4 hectares area.
Development phase (Knowledge Paradise) of Pardis Technology Park
The second phase of the Park called the Knowledge Paradis includes 17.6 hectares forming 74 land parts having different areas. Communication and IT, mechanics and automation, chemistry and bio technology, electronics, medical and service equipment are predicted to be applied in this phase.
Facilities Tunnel like the tunnel of the first phase is at initial steps of construction with an approximate length of 2100 meters.